Friday, May 13, 2016

Pink Paislee | Mixed Media

Hi everyone, welcome! This week on the Pink Paislee blog we are sharing mixed media projects! To start you off, I'm sharing how my mixed media layout came to life.

Mixed Media #ppfancyfree | @gina_lideros for @pinkpaislee

First, I started by cutting out this bird background with my Silhouette Cameo (cut file by Paige Evans for Studio Calico). Next, I used a combination of my favorite watercolor confections tropical paints  and watercolor confections the classics paints from Prima and painted some of the background birds. I purposefully left several of them white to allow for white balance.

ixed Media #ppfancyfree | @gina_lideros for @pinkpaislee

Next, I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut some birds out of different patterned papers from the Fancy Free collection. I adhered them to my cut file background and set aside. Next, I painted a watercolor background on white cardstock. Once my background was dry, I adhered the bird cut file background.

Mixed Media #ppfancyfree | @gina_lideros for @pinkpaislee

To embellish my layout, I started by adding droplets of white paint against my background then I added my photo and embellishments from the Fancy Free collection.

Mixed Media #ppfancyfree | @gina_lideros for @pinkpaislee

Gina Lideros PP mixed media2

I love how bright and colorful this layout turned out. If you have a layout that you would like to share with us, using our current collections, feel free to post them on our Facebook page, or on Instagram using the hashtag #pinkpaislee or #ppFancyFree!

Supplies Used:
Pink Paislee: Fancy Free Papers and embellishments
Prima: Watercolor Confections Tropicals paints, Watercolor Confections The Classics paints and Waterbrush Pen set





No comments:

Post a Comment